Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). You can read my full disclosure policy here.
As you sit reading this I’m off on an adventure to Hong Kong! This is the first time in almost 10 years that I’ve been in Asia and I’m super excited. My family is originally from Hong Kong and while most of them have left the city for other parts of the world, it’ll be interesting to see the city my parents grew up in. Exploring my roots so to speak.
I have been to Hong Kong before. The first time I was just a wee one of 5 years. The second, was a quick 24 hour blur of the city before heading off to Cambodia and Thailand. This time around, I will be in the city for 10 days. I’m really looking forward to actually really seeing this city and most importantly, EATING!
Here are a few things on my to do list:
See Hong Kong from the top of the Peak.
Ride the ding ding cars.
Explore my family’s roots
My parents have given me a list of places to see that were important to them. Where they grew up, went to school and so forth. Above is where my father lived, but now it no longer exists.
See Lantau Island and its big Buddha.
Visit all the markets.
Popping over to Macau and experience a little bit of Portugal in China
Eating all the food!
See some cool temples and monasteries
Join in on the umbrella revolution
Just wander around and take in the beautiful harbour and lights
Oh… and did I mention eating?
Have you been to Hong Kong or Macau before? Give me your best tips! I’ll be posting photos and updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to follow along!
This is a post for the #SundayTraveler link up.
- Add The Sunday Traveler badge to your post (badge codes) & and a link back to one of the hosts. This helps to promote everyone’s hard work. Posts without a link back will be removed.
- Follow your co-hosts. You can find me at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
- Link up your travel related post. Link ups will always open at midnight GMT on Sundays.
- View, comment and share links from fellow bloggers during the week. Be sure to check back to visit the ones who link up after you. Everyone appreciates & loves a comment.
- Use the hashtag #SundayTraveler when sharing on social media
- Spread the word and come back next week!
[inlinkz_linkup id=462564 mode=1]
Note to #SundayTraveler readers: I won’t be updating next week. I’ve been blogging consistently and would like a short break while in Hong Kong. Plus, for the first time in ages, I’m not traveling with a computer! If I’m able to my hands on a computer, I’ll add in the link code below, but if not you can link up the following week with any of the other cohosts.
Update Nov 16: There are computers at the airport!
[inlinkz_linkup id=463331 mode=1]